Are you looking to earn extra income?
Are you looking for a job with a flexible schedule?
Are you looking for a job where you are your own boss?
You get it with Gereck Delivery Service.
What do I need to become an independent driver?
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a registered vehicle with up-to-date auto insurance
- Have a valid US driver’s license
- Have a commercial auto-insurance
How to Sign up and use Gereck Mobile application?
There are 2 main phases
1st phase: Donwload and install the Gereck Mobile app on your iphone or android phone
2nd phase: Connect your Gereck Mobile app to stripe payement gateway for automatic payment into your bank account
1st phase: Download and Install Gereck app
1. Make sure you have either an iphone or an android phone
2. Download and install The ‘Gereck’ app from Apple AppStore for iPhone or Google Playstore for android phone users.
3. New Gereck drivers must sign up by clicking on the sign up icon on the splash screen after a successful download of the Gereck application as indicated below.
4. During the sign up process, you will be required to provide your personal information ( home address, email address, telephone number etc), driving information and vehicle details
You can also follow this video to understand complete sign up process:
5. After successful sign up, the Gereck driver can login from screen using your email address and password.
Here, each driver has to provide the below mentioned details in this following format;
• Email: XXXXXXXX@XXXX.XXX ( for example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Password: User has to enter 8+ character and ‘space’ will not be accepted in the password. Please, remember this password as it will be required each time you have to login to Gereck application.
• Submit: At the end of the sign up, click on submit to validate all entries.
6. Forgot Your Password: if you forget your password, click on forgot password, an email will be sent to you to change your password. Follow the instructions in the email to change your password and always remember that password when logging into the Gereck app.
7. After successful registration, the driver will wait for 2 -3 business days for verification and approval by Gereck admin. Once approved, the driver will receive an email from Gereck admin. When you receive an approval email from Gereck admin, proceed to connect your bank account to Gereck stripe account in order to automatically receive payment for jobs done with Gereck Delivery Service.
2nd phase: Connect Gereck app to stripe payment gateway for automatic payment into your bank account
8. Connect to Gereck stripe account. To complete the registration process, each driver must be connected to the Gereck stripe account in order to receive automatic payment into your bank account. To do so, here are the steps;
• Login to the Gereck app and click on hamburger located on the top left side of the application. Select my account from the menu and choose bank account details.
• Click on stripe connect and complete the on-boarding process with the following details.
ï‚§ Business website: www.gereck.com
ï‚§ Your business address should be the same as your home address.
ï‚§ Business description: Independent drivers.
ï‚§ For two-factor authentication, choose option text.
ï‚§ Your Bank name, for example “Bank of America”.
ï‚§ Routing number: 9-digit number ( Can be found on your check booklet)
ï‚§ Bank account number (Can be found on your check booklet )
• Once the on-boarding process is completed successfully, you will receive a confirmatory email that your account is connected with Gereck stripe account and it will show " Account connected" on your phone. You are ready to start working for Gereck Delivery Service.
9. How to navigate the Gereck application
• After successful sign up, go to privacy under your phone settings, click on the Gereck application icon and check always allow location access.
• Driver can check total income on home screen.
• Driver have option to change his/her online or offline status from the application.
• Driver can check his/her recent completed bookings, scrolling from bottom to up.
• Driver can check notification by clicking on notification icon which is available on top right corner.
• Click on the hamburger () icon to move to other screens of the application like New delivery requests, Completed request, Profile etc.
• After clicking on hamburger icon driver can see all available options:
• Driver can insert/change profile picture, view total income. Driver can also change his/her profile picture.
By tapping on home takes you to the home screen of the application
• New Delivery Request: will display all available delivery requests, providing details on the following: pick up location, parcel type, vehicle type and delivery location
By clicking on the details link, you will be directed to accept or decline this delivery request.
• View Scheduled Request: On this screen driver can check all the scheduled request (accepted request). If driver wants to start any request, he/she needs to click on view detail link where driver will be redirected to the detail screen and will get an option to "Start" the request. After tapping on start button user will redirect to the ongoing request screen.
• Ongoing Request: On this screen driver will see all the ongoing requests. If you have a passenger car it is possible to accept more than one request. Drivers with pick up vehicles can only pick up one request at a time.
- Once a request is accepted, you MUST open the Google Map application to start navigation.
- When a driver clicks on "Pickup Parcel" button, he/she must scan the bar code on the parcel to kickstart the delivery process.
- At the drop off location, ask for a code from the customer in order to complete the delivery process. Note that all accepted delivery requests MUST be delivered within 6 hours of accepting the job, failure to do so, you will receive a call from Gereck Management for verification.
• Completed Request: All completed requests will be shown on the driver's screen and a user can check the details of any request by clicking on View details link.
• View Payment: Shows all transactions performed and the corresponding amounts.
• My Account: There are 3 options here.
i. Profile: To update driver’s profile (personal, driving and vehicle details)
ii. Change Password: To change your password.
iii. Bank Account Details: To connect to Gereck stripe account for automatic payment into your bank account.
• Contact Us: Any Driver can contact or send an email to Gereck Admin about any query regarding GDS to admin on the space provided on this page.
• Logout: Driver can logout from the Gereck application when not in activity by clicking on the “Go” button.
• Notifications: Drivers will receive push notifications when a new delivery request is created or Gereck admin sends out messages. User can check all notifications by clicking on the bell icon on the header.
Roles, Duties and Responsibilities of Drivers.
The roles and responsibilities of a driver are:
- Deliver with a smile
- Pick up and deliver parcels in a secured, protected manner and within 6 hours after parcel pickup.
- Verify that a parcel is well sealed and protected before pick up.
- Load and unload the vehicle only for parcels less than 50 pounds.
- Keep a good working vehicle.
- Must have android/iPhone phone turned on at all times when the Gereck application is running.
- Allow Gereck App to access the driver’s location whenever on duty.
- MUST response to all texts, phone calls immediately.
- MUST response to emails within 24 hours.
- Ask for a delivery code from the customer at the drop off location of delivery. This code is required to complete the delivery process.
- No private negotiations with the customer, any defaulter will be sanctioned by either a temporary suspension and/or termination of employement with Gereck Delivery Service.
- Notify Gereck admin immediately in case of any difficulties/challenges during delivery or call 240-701-8513 for assistance's
For more information, go to Frequently asked questions ( FAQs)
Parcel Types (12)
Small Single: Single parcel that can fit in the boot of a passenger car. For example: grocery bag, a letter, small carton.
Large Single: Single large parcel that needs enough space that can only be provided by a pickup truck such as a refrigerator, furniture, trash.
Small Bundle: More than one parcel that can all fit in the boot of a passenger car. For example, grocery bags, letters, multiple small cartons.
Large Bundle (2-5 items) :Large multiple parcels such as a refrigerator, furniture, trash, ciment, dry wall and kitchen utensils etc that needs enough space that can only be provided by a pickup truck
Larger Bundle (6-10 items) :Large multiple parcels such as a refrigerator, furniture, trash, ciment, dry wall and kitchen utensils etc that needs enough space that can only be provided by a pickup truck
Largest Bundle (11 to 15 items): Large multiple parcels such as a refrigerator, furniture, trash, ciment, dry wall and kitchen utensils etc that needs enough space that can only be provided by a pickup truck
Moving: This parcel type needs at least a 12-foot Delivery Truck and assistance may be required to load and offload items. For moving that will require more than one 12-foot delivery truck, please send in multiple requests or Call GDS for proper management.
Food: This is cooked ready-to-eat food. It should be handled with care, delivered within the next hour and hand-delivered.
Flowers and Gifts: Live fresh flowers must be transported in the cabin of a car equipped with air-condition, hand-delivered within 2 hours of pick up.
Medicines: Medical supplies. Expect a delivery delay of 1-2 hours.
- Grocery: This is food items that has been bought from a grocery store that needs pick up for delivery. Expect a delivery delay of 1-2 hours.
- Junk Removal: This parcel type needs at least a 12-foot Delivery Truck and assistance may be required to load and offload items. For moving that will require more than one 12-foot delivery truck, please send in multiple requests or Call GDS for proper management.
Car types (3)
Passenger car: motor vehicle used for carrying persons which is capable of carrying eight or more such persons in addition to the driver, it has limited space for luggage. This is the suggested type for small parcel types.
Pick up car or pickup truck: is a light-duty truck having an enclosed cab and an open cargo area with low sides and tailgate. It has more space for luggage. This is the suggested car type for large parcels.
Trailer: This is a truck with sufficient space for luggage. Examples of trailers are 12-foot, 16-foot etc trucks. This vehicle type is good for transporting largest parcel type and moving.
All accepted orders MUST be delivered within the indicated time. To decline an order that had been accepted, the driver must inform Gereck Delivery Service at least 2 hours prior to delivery time. Failure to do so results in disciplinary sanctions been meted against the driver ranging from a written warning to suspension for 6 months and complete removal from Gereck Delivery Service data base.
Parcel Damage Management
Any damage to an item during the delivery process shall be paid for by the driver. The driver shall pay the total amount on the receipt if the item is less than 12 months old. If the item is a year or more old, the driver shall pay 50% of price on the receipt. If there are no receipts, the customer and the driver shall then negotiate the price to pay for the damaged item. Gereck Delivery Service should only be informed if the negotiation between the customer and driver is not fruitful.