How to Book a Delivery on Gereck Delivery Service (GDS) Platform
This document provides step by step instructions to the customer on how to book a delivery on Gereck Delivery Service platform.
1. How to book a delivery?
- Go to www.gereck.com
Click on “schedule a delivery now” at the top of the screen.
Select from the dropdown list the appropriate parcel type. (click on the i next to the parcel type heading for more information).
Select the correct weight that corresponds to your item(s). There are 4 different categories.
1-109: This is an item an adult person can lift alone and easily. For example, a table chair, flower jar, fan, carpet, microwave etc.
110-150: This is an item that can only be lifted by 2 persons easily. For example, a bookshelf, a dining table, loveseat, sofas etc.
151-200: This is a heavy item that needs 2 persons to lift with assistance. For example: bed, TV, dresser, mattresses, dryer, washing machine etc.
More than 200.This is a very heavy item that will need more than 2 persons to carry and with assistance. Sometimes a forklift may be needed to load and offload this item. For example: Refrigerator, China set, very heavy cupboard, rocks, tiles, wood etc. ( Click on the i next to parcel weight for more information)
The customer is responsible for selecting the correct parcel weight category per item. GDS is not responsible for any mismatch in the parcel weight category selection and the customer will not be reimbursed in case of a mismatch.
- Provide details on whether there is an elevator or not. Select the appropriate pick up and drop off floor(s). Choose multiple floors where appropriate. The customer is responsible for providing the correct information here. Customer will not be reimbursed if any misinformation is provided.
- Furniture mounting is optional and only applies for furniture delivery jobs. There will be a cost for furniture dismounting and mounting.
Provide Pick up and drop off detail information in the spaces provided on the form.
Pick up and drop off addresses. Start typing the address and then select from the options presented to you by Google Map.
Names of contact persons at pick up and drop off locations.
- Phone numbers of contact persons at pick up and drop off locations.
Schedule the pickup time by clicking on the little squares to the right of pickup time and select the pickup time that is convenient for you. Our opening hours are 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM MON-SAT, SUN 6:00AM to 5:00 PM local time. Please, note that our time is in military time. For example, 2PM is 14:00 in military time.
Enter your email address and phone number in the spaces provided.
Verify that all the information provided is correct by going through the form again.
Check the box at the bottom of the form to confirm and then submit.
A new page will be presented to you with all the information you had entered when completing the form. Click on book and pay with your credit card for the delivery.
Please note the Parcel delivery Request number #GDS00000XXX that appears on the payment page for your records.
A nearby driver will then accept your request, pick it up and drop it off at the location indicated.
It is the responsibility of the customer to choose the correct parcel type, parcel weight, pick up and drop off locations to avoid any embarrasment. There is no refund after submitting payment during booking.
For Moving and Junk Removal services, click on the page, complete the moving form and submit to email@example.com or call 240-701-8513 for a free quote.
2. Services offered
- Junk removal
- Furniture delivery
- Medicine delivery
- Courier delivery
- Medicine delivery
- Grocery delivery
- Food delivery
3. What's new?
Gereck Delivery Service is offering furniture mounting/Dismounting services to customers at very affordable prices. This is to avoid the hustle of looking for a specialist in furniture mounting services.
Our drivers are well trained to provide you with high quality furniture mounting services. During booking please indicate that you will need furniture mounting/assembling services. This service will be added to the delivery cost.
4. What are the responsibilities of a Customer?
A Customer is responsible for;
- Manage parcel bookings and payment. Customers are advised to choose the correct parcel type during booking to avoid any embarrassement
- Make sure there is someone available to receive the parcel at drop off location. An acceptable delivery guy wait time is 30minutes. Above this time, the customer must compensate the delivery guy at the rate of $50 after each hour.
- Manage parcel packaging, security, insurance, labeling and loading and offloading parcels above 50 pounds. The driver is not responsible for any poorly labelled and damaged parcels on pickup. The driver should not accept parcels that are not properly packaged.
- MUST make sure the parcel is well sealed, ready for pickup.
- All parcels MUST be picked up and delivered between 6AM and 11PM local time. Any other pickups and dropoffs out of the stated time period should be negotiated with GDS.
- Provide a feedback on driver's performance after delivery (Optional).
- Accept parcel in the state that it was picked up.
- No private negotiations or exchange of phones with the driver will be allowed. Any defaulter is liable to discipline measures or dismissal from GDS.
5. Parcel Damage Management
The driver is not responsible for any damages incurred on poorly described items. The driver should not accept items that do not correspond to the description given by the customer during booking. The customer is responsible for the proper description of the item to be picked up. Instructions to the driver should be clear and detailed. In case of a damage during delivery, the driver shall pay the total amount on the receipt if the item is less than 12 months old. If the item is a year or more old, the driver shall pay 50% of the price on the receipt. If there are no receipts, the customer and the driver shall then negotiate on the amount to be paid for the damaged item. Gereck Delivery Service should only be informed if the negotiation is not fruitful.